The 2013 World Whiskies Awards recently announced its winners for the top whiskies from around the world.
Whisky Magazine first created the World Whiskies Awards in 2007 and have since set out on an annual search to determine world’s best whiskeys from a range of categories.
The 2013 competition saw more than 300 whiskies enter to win the esteemed whiskies of the world awards.
The whiskies entered into the contest were separated by region and styles and were then trialled through a series of three blind tastings from selected judges.
Here’s the list of the top five best whiskies around the world and their respective categories:
- World's Best Single Malt Whisky:Ardbeg Galileo
- World's Best Blended Whisky: Hibiki 21 Years Old
- World's Best Grain Whisky: Cape Mountain Whisky
- World's Best Whisky Liqueur: Speyside Whisky Liqueur 40 Years Old
- World's Best Blended Malt Whisky: Mars Maltage 3 Plus 25, 28 Years Old
- Best Australian Single Malt: Sullivans Cove French Oak Cask
- Australian Single Malt 12 Years and Under: Sullivans Cove French Oak CaskBest
- Australian Blended: The New Zealand Whisky Collection DoubleWood
For more information about Sullivans Cove, check out Hospitality Magazine's article about the esteemed win.