1) Inefficient staff – It’s impossible for management to constantly monitor staff, especially behind the bar and on the floor; however, Vectron’s Hotel POS can track all staff activity with unique logins for each staff member. The comprehensive activity reports can be used to run incentive programs, which will encourage staff to become more conscious of their work style and time management if they know their performance is being measured and rewarded accordingly.
2) Missed/incorrect orders – Vectron’s POS system makes sure no order is sent to the kitchen/bar printer until a table or bar tab number has been assigned to it, allowing staff to deliver the orders accurately. If a kitchen or bar printer runs out of paper or malfunctions, the order is automatically re-directed to the nearest or designated printer to avoid backlog of orders.
3) Incorrect pricing – All prices can preset by management to eliminate overcharging or undercharging on food and beverage items. Any discounting or price changing can be done only with a manager logon and is fully tracked. You can set multiple price levels, such as member; visitor; happy hour; functions; or staff.
4) Stock shortage or variance – A fully integrated stock control system runs in real time on a back office computer that tracks menu sales, deducts ingredients from stock and calculates precise gross profit. This can be automated and you can receive prompt reports of any incident or variance in stock or if a particular ingredient is running low via the smart alerts function.
5) PLU codes – Vectron’s Bar-Hotel POS is the only system that has moved away from PLU-based stock management, which allows you to enter products by entering the name and price. Vectron’s Bar-Hotel POS features built-in formulas that accurately calculate and set up rest of the information. No numbers to remember and no hassle of creating numerous codes for different units of a single product.
6) No split bills – Convenient payment is a critical part of a positive dining experience. With Vectron POS, you can let your diners choose split bills, separate payments or charge to their room all with the click of a button. Add a wireless eftpos terminal, and your customers need not even leave their table to pay their bills.
7) Unauthorised discounts/giveaways – The inbuilt POS Loyalty & Marketing module allows you to run various promotions using vouchers or loyalty cards. The issue and redemption of these is triggered by pre fed system data, leaving no room for human error or misuse, ensuring that each transaction is accounted for, down to the cent.
8) Lack of communication – The POS Messaging module gives you the ability to send messages to POS terminals, paging devices, email addresses and mobile phones letting you contact staff to check their availability or as a reminder for a specific task and receive a response via the POS terminal. This is also a convenient tool to target specific clients with new offerings, like menus or promotions.
9) Slow service – Handheld POS is a perfect extension to the Bar-Hotel Point of Sale system. Orders are wirelessly transmitted to the bar/kitchen printers eliminating doubling of dockets and ensuring a smooth and timely table service.
10) Shrinkage – Losses from over pours, spillage and giveaways can account for as much as 85-90% of bar revenue. Vectron offers a complete range of Beverage Monitoring technologies with easy POS integration so you can monitor every ounce of alcohol that flows through your bar to your POS records, every minute, every day.
11) Queuing at the bar – Rather than making customers queue for a table, hand them a coaster or paddle style pager which alerts them when their table is ready so they can go to the bar or gaming areas while they wait. Economical and with zero running costs, Paging Systems can quickly boost sales and service levels.
12) Unaccounted Incidents – Vectron’s advanced 360 degree CCTV technology captures activity in the middle of the room, doorway, behind the bar and till area, leaving no area unmonitored. Perfect for hospitality venues, a single 3600 camera provides much wider coverage and cuts down your overall camera requirement by as much as 20 percent.
13) Uninformed customers – Our latest Digital Signage system is an ideal tool to better promote, inform, educate and entertain your patrons. Displaying not just promos and live TV, you can also showcase your menus and update items through your POS system.
Contact Vectron for more tips and tools for maximizing your returns with the correct combination of POS and other management systems.