Security365 offers security tips for retailers to help reduce crime rates.
- CCTV cameras installed in strategic locations such as change-rooms and toilets, point of sale and with a general store overview are often effective in reducing crime. These cameras are generally installed for continuous, real time speed surveillance to deter theft by store staff or customers, as well as high quality video recording of potential intruders. CCTV cameras can often be networked and viewed in real time from remote locations such as head office.
- Monitored back-to-base alarms and smoke alarms will provide a greater level of security. Intruder detection monitoring helps protect your business when you are closed for trade.
- A combination of an electronic security device and a physical barrier will ensure the retailer receives optimum security. Technology has its rightful place however should not be used in isolation; however, only a physical barrier has a real chance of preventing would be intruders from entering your premises.
- Retractable trellis security doors are tailor made to the retail industry. Secure and formidable by night when locked and closed, these concertina security doors fold completely out of the way during trading hours so as to be invisible and maximize the retailers merchandising displays. These security doors can be structural with full frames or they can be mobile and trackless allowing them to be moved to different locations.
- Roller Shutters, also referred to as window shutters, are also excellent deterrents to crime and a very good option for retails security.