Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&C) proactively advocate on behalf of its members and represents the interests of Australian restaurants and catering businesses.
R&C is committed to ensuring that the industry is recognised as one of excellence, professionalism, profitability and sustainability within its broader social and economic contribution, including promoting and advocating the value of the restaurant experience to the public.
Its members consist of owners and operators of restaurants, cafes and catering businesses, as well as representatives of industry supplier businesses.
Roles and objectives defined
R&C aims to improve the business environment and act on issues relevant to the industry. The organisation's strategic focus is to ensure owners and operators remain profitable and sustainable for the wider hospitality industry.
R&C's accomplishments includes:
- The introduction of an independent Restaurant Industry Award with more favourable conditions for restaurants
- The reduction of the PPCA APRA fees for restaurant owners
- Facilitation of streamlined business processes specific to the restaurant and catering industry
- Ensuring your industry is represented on the migration agenda with key jobs recognised to address skill shortages
- Driving tourism in Australia both domestically and internationally to create jobs and profitability
- Working with government to deliver a nationally recognised training that delivers relevant skills to the industry
- Provide input and consultation to deliver a simpler tax system
Furthermore, R&C provides a unique range of services in order to add value to members' businesses.