The Queensland Government ’s Department of Primary Industries hosted the Enterprising Women in Rural Industries trade show at the Carlton Crest Hotel in Brisbane.
The show featured information and samples of many Queensland products including food such as beef, venison, macadamia nuts and gourmet ice cream; agritourism such as farmstays, bush foods and rural lifestyle experiences and Queensland fibres.
A number of presentations were made by both women and men who had successfully expanded their Queensland-based businesses domestically and internationally.
• Simone Tully from OBE Beef
• Restaurant Two’s David Pugh
• Janelle Gerry from Farm Fresh Fine Foods
• John Murphy from Miandetta Fine Foods
• Kaye Wormwell from Mother Meg’s Fine Foods
• Kerryn Piggott from Brigalow Beef.