Research by the OatSmart Winter Research by the UNCLE TOBYS team shows that our willpower to exercise and eat right directly relates to the change in season.
The UNCLE TOBYS research shows that:
- Half are (50%) admitting to eating more in winter
- More than a third (35%) confessing to eating more unhealthy foods in the cooler months than at other times during the year.
- A fifth (21%) admit to disguising their weight gain behind more layers of clothing.
- Almost half of Aussies (46%) will be dropping their morning exercise
- a third (32%) will become less productive and active at the start of the day.
As a result, over a quarter (27%) claim they feel tired, sluggish and mentally deflated (28%) thanks to lower energy levels and feelings of vitality.
UNCLE TOBYS ambassador and respected nutritionist Catherine Saxelby comments, “...It’s important to keep your health and wellness up all year round, and a hearty, warm breakfast of UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Oats is a great way to get some motivation back into your mornings and enjoy nutritious, energising, 100% natural start to the day.”
Nilani Sritharan, UNCLE TOBYS Regional Nutrition Manager comments, “Our research found that almost of half of Aussies (45%) find that oats give them the energy they need to get through their winter mornings. As one of nature’s superfoods, oats are a great way to stay on track during winter time and kick start colder mornings with a hot and filling breakfast. They are a natural superfood because they are high in fibre known as beta-glucan, a wholegrain, with cholesterol re-adsorption lowering properties and are a complex carbohydrate.”