The Institute for Learning Practitioners (ILP) is a professional industry body founded in 2006 that represents learning practitioners and others in the learning and development community.
Since its foundation, the Institute has grown rapidly, and now has more than 800 members. Looking forward, ILP anticipates continued healthy growth from positive word of mouth.
ILP states that its strategic imperative is to "enhance the effectiveness and value of learning and development."
The Institute achieves this by:
- providing world-class professional development opportunities for learning practitioners; and
- working with individuals and organisations to get better results from learning initiatives.
It offers a broad range of services and benefits to its members, embracing a reputation for innovation, setting new standards in professional development and being highly responsive to member needs.
Through these services, ILP aims to build the credibility and recognition of learning practitioners as valued business partners. Member benefits include industry recognition and the ability to network with like-minded professionals.
ILP welcomes all learning practitioners as members, including:
- course designers
- L&D consultants / managers
- human resource professionals; and
- organisational development consultants.