The top operators in the New South Wales accommodation industry were recognised at the Hotel, Motel & Accommodation Association (HMAA) 2006 NSW Awards for Excellence held in Sydney. The awards night at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel was attended by more than 200 tourism and accommodation industry leaders.
Garry Crockett, National President, HMAA, said that the awards celebrated the achievements of the industry, which provides jobs to more than 100,000 Australians nationally, and economic benefits to every part of their state. Crockett said that the accommodation business across NSW had worked hard and done well in occasionally difficult trading conditions but it is always a pleasure to come together as an industry and publicly recognise and award the best of the best.
Following are the winners of the HMAA 2006 NSW Awards for Excellence:
- Managers of the Year - Leanne and Brian Donne, Comfort Inn The Windmill, Coffs Harbour
- Apartments 4-5 Star - The Observatory Holiday Apartments, Port Macquarie
- B and B 4-5 Star - Tizzana Winery Bed and Breakfast, Ebenezer
- Boutique Accommodation 4-5 Star - Hermitage Lodge, Hunter Valley
- Employee of the Year - Jennifer Court, Front Office, Quality Horizons Resort, Jindabyne
- Hotel 3.5 Star - Potters Hotel and Brewery, Hunter Valley
- Hotel 4.5 Star - The Sebel Kirkton Park, Hunter Valley
- Hotel 5 Star - Novotel Northbeach, Wollongong
- Motel 3 Star - Warrumbungles Mountain Motel, Coonabarabran
- Motel 3.5 Star - Crystal Fountain Motel, Lavington
- Motel 4 Star - Kinross Inn, Cooma
- Motel 4.5 Star - Best Western Trapper’s Motor Inn, Goulburn
- Redevelopment Award - Bellachara Boutique Hotel, Gerringong