The most recent heat of the HTN apprentice chef culinary competition was held on Tuesday July 17th at TAFE NSW Northern Sydney Institute – Ryde College.
The heat saw a range of talented 1st, 2nd and 3rd year apprentice chefs showcase their skills, with the following entrants taking out gold in their respective categories:
- 1st Year Gold: Peter Tavernese – Ripples at Chowder Bay
- 2nd Year Gold: Cecilia Tibbertsma – Gastronomy
- 3rd Year Gold: Levi Murphy – Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre
These apprentice chefs will now progress to the grand final where they will battle it out for a range of cash prizes.
This event was just one of the eleven regional heats to take place throughout New South Wales, Victoria and the ACT as part of the apprentice chef culinary competition.
The competition is designed specifically for apprentice chefs, and in 2011 attracted over 300 competitors.
This year, the HTN apprentice chef competition has attracted a range of sponsors passionate about the commercial cookery sector.
- MARS Food Australia
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA)
- Krio Krush
- Futura Training
- Hennessy Coffee
- Sandhurst Fine Foods
- Community First Credit Union
- TAFE NSW