The Foodservice Industry Association (FIA) is a comprehensive organisation that "offers a central portal of knowledge, experience and exposure to other businesses within the food world in Australia."
FIA member companies include:
- food manufacturers
- equipment suppliers
- foodservice distributors and brokers; and
- media and ancillary services.
These members range from large multi-national companies to Australian owned and operated companies, and smaller, diverse companies offering a range of products, services and information within the foodservice sector.
As a member based organisation, the aim of the FIA is to encourage:
- industry consultation
- professional development and education
- foodservice forums
- executive round tables; and
- other member driven initiatives.
Strong strategic alliances have also been formed between the FIA and other industry groups, serving to reinforce the comprehensive nature of the organisations activities.
Members of the FIA enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- the opportunity to network with major distributors, buying groups, major end users, manufacturers and industry peers
- five to six foodservice forums per year with key industry speakers
- foodservice industry sales training
- access to a comprehensive website
- trade shows and support of industry events
- site inspections
- executive round tables
- strategic alliances with industry associations; and
- international foodservice information.