Organisers of Fine Food Australia recently announced the names of the eight young bakers and pastry chefs who have been chosen to represent their four respective state teams in this year’s BAKE SKILLS Australia National Teams competition.
The teams will compete over four days on the purpose-built competition stand at this year’s Fine Food and Hotel Australia Expo. Team members will spend two days producing a range of 26 cake, pastry, chocolate, and dessert products, and a further full day of bread and yeast goods production at the BRI. Teams then return to Fine Food to erect their outstanding theme displays and attend the ‘on stand winner’s announcement’ on Thursday, 10 September.
The following individuals have been chosen to represent their states in this year’s Bake Skills competition:
Team South Australia (the defending champions) will be represented by:
- Felicina Franco (The Village Bakery) & Paul Merenda (Perry’s Bakery)
- Managed and coached by Ian Nankeville & his Regency College team
- Kathleen Fletcher (Bistro Moncur) & Benjamin Mount (Berry Sour Dough Bakery)
- Managed and coached by Scott Astley (Sydney TAFE) & John Baker (Illawarra TAFE)
- Julia Lanteri (Brunetti’s) & Chris Short (Bakers Delight)
- Managed and coached by Sean Kenelley & the William Angliss College team
- Talina Thomas (Mt Coolum Hot Bread) & Peter Brennan (Uncle Bob’s Bakery, Belmont)
- Managed and coached by former ‘Bake Skill-er’, Chrystal Geddes (Geddes Bakery Equipment) & Team Bakery Australia representative, Brett Noy (Uncle Bob’s Bakeries)