The Baking Associations of Australia NSW (BAA NSW) represents the interests of all participants in the baking industry in New South Wales, and is part of a network of professional employer associations that represents the industry across the country.
BAA NSW states that it has two primary goals:
- to improve the industrial, economic and political environment in which the baking industry conducts business; and
- to inform, assist and educate the industry in operating more effectively for the benefit of employers, employees, consumers and the industry as a whole.
On an operational level, BAA NSW provides expert advice on every aspect of dealings with employers, in addition to providing representation for its members in the Industrial Relations Commission and in Industrial Award negotiations.
The Association also actively promotes the baking industry and its essential role as part of the food and hospitality sector, while acting as a lobbying group on behalf of its membership in matters affecting the industry, such as:
- employment issues
- the labour market
- cost control
- government; and
- public policy.
BAA NSW represents members across the baking industry, including:
- retail bakeries
- industrial plant bakeries
- bakery cafes
- continental bakeries
- cake and pastry wholesalers
- retail patisseries
- wholesale bakeries
- hot bread shops
- biscuit manufacturers and retailers
- national chain bakeries
- retailers cake shops; and
- allied traders.