The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) has represented the ICT industry for over 30 years, currently counting over 400 organisations as members. It is a not-for-profit organisation, with all membership fees tax deductible.
The Association describes itself as Australia's peak ICT industry representative body and advocacy group, defining its mission as to advocate, promote, represent and grow the industry in Australia.
Its vision is "of a future where a thriving, sustainable and influential information industry accelerates the digital economy to enhance Australia’s productivity and sustainability.
Specifically, the AIIA works to:
- shape the image of the information industry within public and private business sectors and the community
- provide industry leadership and influence in its key focus areas, and
- deliver effective programs and offerings that achieve its stated vision.
Membership is open to organisations, but not individuals, ranging from SMEs to listed Australian organisations, to multinational and even global corporations.
Over 400 member organisations are currently represented by the AIIA, accounting for more than 40,000 ICT industry employees and almost 20 billion dollars in annual Australian revenue.
2011 - 2013 priorities for the Association are focussed on three key areas:
- the digital economy
- environment sustainability; and
- industry development and growth.