The Australian Association of Food Professionals (AAFP) represents food professionals who have expertise in a wide range of food-related areas.
This membership extends to professionals working in:
- public relations
- food science
- recipe development
- food styling; and
- catering for restaurants and small businesses.
The AAFP's mission statement is:
- to communicate food issues and to encourage excellence and professionalism through an exchange of ideas and information
- to create an environment in which food is central to the Australian culture
- to be recognised as the key organisation that promotes excellence, professionalism, ethics and personal involvement within food, media and related industries; and
- to stage special events such as the Australian Food Media Awards and other appropriate activities as required, including but not limited to the Hall of Fame, Australia's Table Tomorrow.
In its capacity as a source for information and communicating food issues, the Association conducts an ongoing series of seminars, lectures and workshops designed to keep its members at the cutting edge of industry developments and trends.
The Association's Patron is Margaret Fulton OAM, its President is Kate McGhie (Award-winning international food writer, presenter and judge) and its Vice President is Stewart White (agency principal, senior public relations consultant and editor.)
Some of the benefits of membership in the AAFP include access to:
- special events
- a bi-monthly newsletter and website
- social and charity events; and
- discounted products and services from partner organisations.