The ACT Association of Providers of Training Services (APTS) is a member based organisation that was established to support providers of training in Canberra and the surrounding region.
Established in 1991, APTS represents non-government training providers, and is recognised by the ACT government as representing private training providers in the area. It is also affiliated with the ACT & Region Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Membership of the Association is diverse, and includes:
- locally based training organisations
- individual trainers; and
- members of national organisations.
By undertaking training with a member of the APTS, students can ensure they are training with an individual who:
regularly accesses professional development
is in touch with the local vocational training issues; and
is up to date with the latest trends in vocational education and training.
APTS also conducts the ACT Assessors Network (ACTAN), a network designed to assist assessors and trainers in the ACT with their professional development needs. ACTAN commenced in 2002.
The Network draws members for a wide variety of industries, and offers a broad range of services that includes:
- facilitating compliance with AQTF
- representing a wide range of industries and training packages
- working with industry organisations and employers
- monthly workshops and networking for professional development; and
- regular updates to keep members aware of issues effecting the sector.
Organisational members of APTS and their staff are welcome to attend ACTAN events.